Thursday, August 14, 2008

I can do this!

I reserved this blog name about a week ago, and I am just getting to posting now. I want this to be a place that I can journal about my efforts to change my eating and exercise habits. I also want to work on just changing things about how I do things - by taking BABY STEPS!!!! This skill would help me in so many ways. I tend to be very "all or nothing" - I think it comes from my perfectionism and it contributes to my procrastination. I love some aspects of this, and I don't want to change it entirely (if I even could!). I just want to be able to deal with it better - to not let it cripple me in certain ways.

I tend to go overboard with trying to lose weight or exercise and I don't get anywhere! It's not enough for me to set a goal like exercising once a week, for even 5 minutes. I think to myself that a goal like that sounds too small - and do you know what I do? I do NOTHING. No exercise. I am a pretty active person, but I don't end up doing anything more formal in the way of exercise. SO, doing a few minutes would be something, and hopefully it would lead to more!!!

I reserved this blog name the same night that I posted on E about the brownies being in the oven. I got so much helpful advice in that thread, and I still think about it. It helped me a lot, and still does. I ate those brownies, a little at a time, and enjoyed them without being out of control! I am not ready to be OP quite yet, but I want to start making some small changes and be more mindful of my eating. I am not sure how I am going to end up formatting things here - I might put my goals in posts or off to the side somewhere?? It doesn't have to be perfect :-) This is just step and I can change it!

No comments: