Saturday, April 11, 2009

feeling good

This morning I woke up and thought "why does it feel like there is a knot behind my knee?" and then remembered my workout last night :-) I actually like being a little bit sore, and it motivates me to keep going with eating well and exercising. I guess it's just a reminder of how hard I worked and it makes me want to make even more progress!

I actually like working out, so I don't know why I have so rarely done it in the past ummm, 3 or 4 years??? Like I can count on one hand the number of times I've done a workout DVD or video in that amount of time. I like to be prepared, and I always think that it will be worth spending the money, so I have . . . the firm, 30 day shred, tae bo, pilates, many different yoga dvds and videos (LOVE doing yoga), some NY ballet workout, and probably others I am forgetting. Oh, and I have a step and the videos that go with that. I also have a total gym (complete with accompanying videos of course) in the basement, and I DO like that too, even though it has hardly been used. I also have an exercise/balance ball and some ab contraption, LMAO. All this and I don't even watch infomercials! Anyway, my point is that I am going to DO this stuff now, instead of just collecting momentos of my optimism and high hopes.

I also don't want to spend anymore money on this! I could probably do a different thing every day for over a month and not repeat a workout! Today I went to the library and took out a hip hop workout DVD - it has to be back in a week, so I might try it out. I am going to try to indulge my need for new DVDs by using the library instead of my bank card. I DO wish they had Zumba though (already checked). Maybe a Zumba DVD can be a reward at some point if I keep up with this!

I just finished eating a yummy Stouffer's meal for lunch. I think the fact that it isn't Lean Cuisine makes me happy somehow, and it's only 6 pts. I even checked myself twice today. It's called "baked chicken breast" and has a piece of chicken with mashed potatoes and gravy. I end up adding some salt, but I really enjoy it. Ok, this post is already WAY too long, but I will also say that I NEED to be better about not letting myself get so hungry in between eating. I sometimes don't know what to eat, or stress about counting and figuring portions for something random, so I don't eat. This makes a lunch of cookies seem that much more appealing! Note to self: it is not the end of the world if my point estimate is off a little bit either way - it does not have to be perfect!!!!

No comments: